Christmas is almost upon us...I think it's less than 5…
As you sit hear reading this post I will be in Italy on my honeymoon! But before I left I was packing all my toiletry items and I knew I would need to pack a good body moisturizer because I can not just use the ones in hotels or go get one from a drug store. So I scooped out some of my Modern Hippie Whipped body butter and put it into a travel sized container. When your skin is as sensitive as mine, taking the essentials is actually essential when travelling. This is one product I did not want to leave home without!
I have been using Modern Hippie products for about two years and I have to say that I am hooked. Recently I have become an ambassador for Modern Hippie Products and I couldn’t be happier! I love everything I have tried from the line and this product is no exception. This is my third jar and my favourite scent is orange & vanilla but the other two scents are equally as delicious. It has a super light and airy consistency and yet is super moisturizing. I love that it doesn’t feel greasy and absorbs quickly. This product is safe to use on your whole body and is great for both kids and adults.
Here are some reasons why I love this brand so much:
- MH strives to use only SAFE ingredients – meaning, there is no known side effects or negative health impacts for any of the ingredients used. All ingredients score between a 0-1 on the Environmental Working Group site.
- MH strives to use only SUSTAINABLE ingredients – meaning, if the harvesting methods or production of a certain ingredient has a known negative impact on the environment or a community, then the ingredient is not used. For example, we have officially banned the use of Palm Oil, a common cosmetic ingredient, because it’s harvesting techniques are detrimental to the environment.
- MH uses ORGANIC ingredients whenever economically possible, while striving to maintain affordability.
- MH products are FREE OF artificial fragrance and chemical dyes. Therapeutic grade essential oils are used for scent and cosmetic clays, vegetable dyes, and mineral micas are used for colouring.
- Over 90% of MH packing is plastic-free. We primarily package our products in either glass or metal.
- We make our products in small batches to preserve freshness and to avoid products sitting on the shelf.
- We only employ local, purchase local whenever possible, and work with and promote other entrepreneurs in the community.
- MH strives to educate others on health and sustainability through workshops and the Modern Hippie Blog. We’ve found that spreading awareness in a positive way is one most effective ways to spread awareness and encourage change!
Check out this squeaky clean ingredient list: organic shea butter, organic cocoa butter, organic coconut oil, sunflower oil, sweet almond oil, jojoba oil, organic beeswax, vitamin e oil, arrow root powder, essential oils.
There are three scents to choose from: Orange & vanilla, Peppermint & White Chocolate, Lemongrass & Ginger and it retails for $21.99 on the Modern Hippie Website
Uses/FYIs: (Is there anything you can’t use this body butter for?)
- All oils and butters have their own natural SPF (Sun Protection Factor). Together, the ingredients in this body contain an SPF of approximately 6-8, so you can use it as mild sun protection on sunny days or as tanning oil. (Note: orange essential oil can make your skin more sensitive to the sun, so I would suggest only using the Lemongrass & Ginger and Peppermint & White Chocolate Body Butters for this purpose).
- MH Whipped Body Butter is oil-based and melts at body temperature, making it the ideal massage oil!
- MH Whipped Body Butter makes a great belly-butter for expecting moms! It helps sooth the uncomfortable stretching sensation caused by growing bellies, and ALL of the essential oils in each body butter are SAFE for pregnancy.
- Use as an intensive moisturize for dry, cracked working/gardening hands.
- Because there is no water added to this MH Body Butter, there is no need for preservatives. Bacteria only grow in the presence of water, so unlike pump-lotions which is water-based, this oil-based butter can last months (and possibly years) without going “off”.
- Whipped Body Butter is packaged in a plastic-free container – glass jar and metal lid!
- After an OrganicTan (spray tan), use this butter daily to help maintain your glow!
- This product is heat sensitive so be sure to store it in a place in your home where the temperature is fairly stable, especially during the summer months.
As you can see this product is extremely versatile and most importantly it is good for you! Remember what goes ON your body goes IN!
Leave any questions or comments you have below and happy moisturizing!
XO Meagen Ashley
Disclaimer: I was not financially compensated for this post. I received a sample for review purposes. The opinions are completely my own based on my experience.
Next Post: Easter Menu 2017